CRISTIANO BACCHINI firstname.lastname@example.org
Partner of BMLex BACCHINI MAZZITELLI – Associated law firm
Italian Attorney at Law (Milan Bar), specialist in Intellectual Property Law (litigation and contracts); Italian Trademark Attorney, OHIM Representative.
Dispute resolution relating to patents, know‐how and trade secrets, trademarks, copyright and designs, domain names and unfair competition; IP‐related contracts, due diligence.
Catholic University of Milan, Doctor in Laws, 1995.
Member of the International Relationship Committee of the Milan Bar
Executive Committee member of the Italian Group of AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
Vice- President of the European Law Society (ELS)
Member of the International Standing Committee on Design of AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
Member of the Law firm Committee of the International Trademark Association (INTA)
Member of the International and Foreign law Committee of the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
English and German (fluently); French.
Teaching & Lectures:
- 2019 Speaker at the conference in Milan: “Unified Patent Court and Milan Bar Association Meeting”, organized by the Milan Bar Association and by the UPC Committee
- 2019 Speaker at the conference in Milan: “AVVOCATI E NUOVE TECNOLOGIE dati, social network e contratti intelligenti”, organized by the Milan Bar Association
- 2019 Speaker at the Conference in Lyone: “ITALY MEETS FRANCE IN IP A STORY OF FOOD AND FASHION”, – Séminaire conjoint des Groupes Italien et Français des AIPPI, Lyone
- 2018: Speaker at the conference in Barcellona: “Trade Secrets: Protection and Enforceability”, organized by Federation Barreaux D’Europe and by the Barcellona Bar Association;
- 2018: Speaker at the conference in Milan: “Tribunale Unificato dei Brevetti: Regole e requisiti del nuovo sistema”, organized by the Milan Bar Association and by the Court of Appeal of Milan;
- 2018: Lecturer at the conference: “Professionisti dell’IP e segreto”; organized by Association international pour la protection de la propriété intellectuelle (AIPPI);
- 2017- Present: Lecturer at Course in Food Law (LLM) organized by Luiss University of Rome;
- 2017- Speaker at the conference in Milan: “The European Court of Justice and its Role in Building the single Market: The New challenges Ahead”, Ordine degli Avvocati di Milano e dalla Scuola Superiore della Magistratura;
- 2015- Speaker at the conference: “Food Design: valore e tutela. Il valore e la tutela della forma e del packaging dei prodotti alimentari”, IULM, Milano;
- 2014: Lecturer in seminars organized by AIPPI – Association international pour la protection de la propriété intellectuelle- for FOOD DESIGN Expo 2015.
- 2013: Speaker at a conference organized the Law Firm BMLEX and firm Racheli for Seminar “THE DO’S & DON’TS OF ACQUIRING MADE IN ITALY BRANDS” of INTA – International Trademark Association.
- 2013- today: Lecturer in seminars relating to chemical and pharmaceutical patents organized by University of Milan
- 2012: lecturer in seminars organized by the Fondazione SDN e dell’IIT Progetto di formazione di figure professionali esperte Correlate alla realizzazione di un centro di Studi di Diagnostica Molecolare.
- 2007: Trainer and lecturer at qualifying courses for Italian trademark attorneys and at “Master Operativo in Proprietà Intellettuale organized by CONVEY Intelligence & Knowledge
- 2007: lecturer at course of continuing education organized by the Italian Judicial Council for judges of the Courts of Milan, Turin, Genoa, Venice and Trieste on aspects of civil and criminal law related to Intellectual Property.
- 2006‐Present: Trainer at preparatory course for the Italian Trademark Attorney Examination and Master in Intellectual Property organized by the Italian training organization CONVEY Intelligence & Knowledge.
- 2006: speaker at a conference organized by the Italian Bar Association, in cooperation with the Court of Verona and the Verona Bar Association on the “protection of technology under the new Italian Code of Industrial Property and the new EU Enforcement Directive”.
- 2005‐2006: speaker at conferences organized by the firm Racheli & C. on IP law for several Italian business associations, namely the Business Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Pavia, Legnano and Milan.
- 2004‐2006: lecturer in seminars organized by the firm Racheli & C. for IP firms and in‐house IP departments located in Washington, New York, Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Atlanta, Tokyo, Nagoya and Osaka
Author and Contributing Author of publications concerning IP among which “Design Rights – Functionality and Scope of Protection”, Kluwer Law International, 2017, and “Tribunale unificato dei Brevetti e brevetto unitario – UPC and Unitary Patent”, Wolters Kluwer 2019.
- 2013 Comment on the article “L’animus nocendi nello storno illecito di dipendenti e garanzie costituzionali” published in the “IL DIRITTO INDUSTRIALE”.
- Co‐author of the articles “The Advent of the Trademark Opposition” and “Changing Rules to Benefit IP Owners”, published in the magazine Managing Intellectual Property.
- Since 2003 contributing author of the Italian online publication “dirittodautore.it” dealing with copyright law.
- Since 2006 contributing author to Professor Giorgio Floridia’s Review of Italian IP jurisprudence Il Diritto Industriale.
- 2005‐2006: member of the IP‐Working Group of Professor Stefano Sandri (formerly a member of the Community Trademark Boards of Appeal of the OHIM) which reviews judgements published in the Review Le Sezioni Specializzate italiane della Proprietà Industriale ed intellettuale.