CRISTIANO BACCHINI firstname.lastname@example.org
Partner of BMLex BACCHINI MAZZITELLI – Associated law firm
Italian Attorney at Law (Milan Bar) admitted before the Supreme Court (Cassazione), specialist in Intellectual Property Law (litigation and contracts); EUIPO representative, IP Attorney in the Republic of San Marino.
Dispute resolution relating to patents, know‐how and trade secrets, trademarks, copyright and designs, domain names and unfair competition; IP‐related contracts, due diligence.
Catholic University of Milan, Doctor in Laws, 1995.
- Member of the International Relationship Committee of the Milan Bar
- Vice-President of the Italian Group of AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- Vice-President of the European Law Society (ELS)
- Member of the Technical Table established by the Lombardy Region and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the Unified Patent Court;
- Member of the International Standing Committee on Design of AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- 2018-2021 Member of the Law Firm Committee of the International Trademark Association (INTA);
- Member of the International and Foreign law Committee of the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA);
- Member of the Licensing Executives Society (LES) and the Free Law Firm Association (LAF);
- Founding partner and board member of the Chamber of Industrial Lawyers.
English, German, French and Chinese (HSK3 attendance c/o Confucio Institute, Università Cattolica del Sacrro Cuore)..
Teaching & Lectures:
Speaker at various seminars and conferences related to Intellectual and Industrial Property Law organized by Business Associations, Firms, Bar Associations, Chambers of Commerce, in Italy and abroad including:
- 2022: Moderator for the series “Ne parliamo insieme…” IL TRIBUNALE UNIFICATO DEI BREVETTI E L’INDUSTRIA ITALIANA AL VIA” organized by Chamber of Industrial Lawyers.
- 2022: Speaker as part of the course/webinar ” La tutela della PI nell’era di IMPRESA 4.0 IP & Food: le nuove sfide di tutela nel settore alimentare” organized by the Turin Provincial Committee for the fight against counterfeiting and the Turin Digital Enterprise Point, in collaboration with INDICAM.
- 2021 Speaker as part of the course/webinar on NUOVE TECNOLOGIE A SUPPORTO DELLA PROFESSIONE – Segreto industriale- know how- due diligence” organized by LegalFor.
- 2021: Speaker as part of the course/webinar on ” NUOVE TECNOLOGIE E DIRITTO DEI DATI -Banche Dati (anche alla luce della Direttiva Copyright) organized by LegalFor.
- 2021: Speaker as part of the course/webinar of ” Marchi e ornamenti come proteggere l’estetica dell’impresa”.
- 2021: Moderator as part of the course/webinar on ” Tribunale Unificato dei Brevetti: lo stato dell’arte” organized by the Milan Bar Association.
- 2021: Co-ordinator and speaker at the Conference/webinar: ” Mock Mediation – Una questione di stile”; organized by AIPPI – Italian Group;
- 2021: Speaker as part of the Fashion Law course/webinar organized by the Milan Bar Association.
- 2021: Co-organizer and speaker at the Conference/webinar: “Lawyers and Technology” No. 4 meetings, Laboratory of Forensic Culture.
- 2021: Co-organizer and speaker at the Conference: ” VACCINI: quale tutela?”, Milan Bar Association and CRINT International Relations Commission.
- 2020: Co-organizer and speaker at the Conference/webinar: ” Le regole deontologiche e legislative a presidio della concorrenza leale fra avvocati”, Milan Bar Association;
- 2020: Co-organizer and speaker at the Conference/webinar: ” La tutela del prodotto: Design, diritto d’Autore e “MADE in ITALY”, Milan Bar Association;
- 2020: Speaker as part of the Food law course/webinar organized by the Milan Bar Association; and
- 2020: Co-organizer and speaker at the Conference/webinar: ” Azioni di classe e litigation funding – Marchi storici di interesse nazionale e novità in materia di IP”, Milan Bar Association;
- 2020: Co-organizer and speaker at the Conference/webinar: ” Emergenza Covid 19; La fase IP” Milan Bar Association and AIPPI;
- 2020: Speaker at the conference ” Co-working applicato agli avvocati di Milano” Milan Bar Association
- 2020: Co-organizer at the Conference: ” Il punto sulla tutela della forma del prodotto” Milan Bar Association and A.I.P.P.I
- 2019 Speaker at the conference in Milan: “Unified Patent Court and Milan Bar Association Meeting”, organized by the Milan Bar Association and by the UPC Committee
- 2019 Speaker at the conference in Milan: “AVVOCATI E NUOVE TECNOLOGIE dati, social network e contratti intelligenti”, organized by the Milan Bar Association
- 2019 Speaker at the Conference in Lyone: “ITALY MEETS FRANCE IN IP A STORY OF FOOD AND FASHION”, – Séminaire conjoint des Groupes Italien et Français des AIPPI, Lyone
- 2018: Speaker at the conference in Barcellona: “Trade Secrets: Protection and Enforceability”, organized by Federation Barreaux D’Europe and by the Barcellona Bar Association;
- 2018: Speaker at the conference in Milan: “UNIFIED PATENT COURT: THE COMING SYSTEM RULES AND REQUIREMENTS”, organized by the Milan Bar Association and by the Court of Appeal of Milan;
- 2018: Lecturer at the conference: “Professionisti dell’IP e segreto”; organized by Association international pour la protection de la propriété intellectuelle (AIPPI);
- 2017- Present: Lecturer at Course in Food Law (LLM) organized by Luiss University of Rome;
- 2017- Speaker at the conference in Milan: “The European Court of Justice and its Role in Building the single Market: The New challenges Ahead”, Ordine degli Avvocati di Milano e dalla Scuola Superiore della Magistratura;
- 2015- Speaker at the conference: “Food Design: valore e tutela. Il valore e la tutela della forma e del packaging dei prodotti alimentari”, IULM, Milano;
- 2014: Lecturer in seminars organized by AIPPI – Association international pour la protection de la propriété intellectuelle- for FOOD DESIGN Expo 2015.
- 2013: Speaker at a conference organized the Law Firm BMLEX and firm Racheli for Seminar “THE DO’S & DON’TS OF ACQUIRING MADE IN ITALY BRANDS” of INTA – International Trademark Association.
- 2013- today: Lecturer in seminars relating to chemical and pharmaceutical patents organized by University of Milan
- 2012: lecturer in seminars organized by the Fondazione SDN e dell’IIT Progetto di formazione di figure professionali esperte Correlate alla realizzazione di un centro di Studi di Diagnostica Molecolare.
- 2007: Trainer and lecturer at qualifying courses for Italian trademark attorneys and at “Master Operativo in Proprietà Intellettuale organized by CONVEY Intelligence & Knowledge
- 2007: lecturer at course of continuing education organized by the Italian Judicial Council for judges of the Courts of Milan, Turin, Genoa, Venice and Trieste on aspects of civil and criminal law related to Intellectual Property.
- 2007‐Present: Trainer at preparatory course for the Italian Trademark Attorney Examination and Master in Intellectual Property organized by the Italian training organization CONVEY Intelligence & Knowledge.
- 2006: speaker at a conference organized by the Italian Bar Association, in cooperation with the Court of Verona and the Verona Bar Association on the “protection of technology under the new Italian Code of Industrial Property and the new EU Enforcement Directive”.
- 2005‐2006: speaker at conferences organized by the firm Racheli & C. on IP law for several Italian business associations, namely the Business Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Pavia, Legnano and Milan.
- 2004‐2006: lecturer in seminars organized by the firm Racheli & C. for IP firms and in‐house IP departments located in Washington, New York, Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Atlanta, Tokyo, Nagoya and Osaka
Author and Contributing Author of publications concerning IP among which:
- Co-Author of the monograph: “Il diritto d’autore nell’era digitale” Giapichelli, 2020.
- Co-Author: “PRESENTE E FUTURO DELLA PROPRIETA’ INTELLETTUALE Tutela|Diritto|Comunicazione”
- Co-author of the essays, “The Advent of the Trademark Opposition” and “Changing Rules to Benefit IP Owners,” published in the journal Managing Intellectual Property.
- 2019 ” Fashion LAW”, Almedina
- 2019 “Tribunale unificato dei Brevetti e brevetto unitario – UPC and Unitary Patent”, Wolters Kluwer
- 2017 “Design Rights – Functionality and Scope of Protection”, Kluwer Law International
- Since 2006 contributing author to Professor Giorgio Floridia’s Review of Italian IP jurisprudence Il Diritto Industriale.
- 2013 Comment on the article “L’animus nocendi nello storno illecito di dipendenti e garanzie costituzionali” published in the “IL DIRITTO INDUSTRIALE”.
- Co‐author of the articles “The Advent of the Trademark Opposition” and “Changing Rules to Benefit IP Owners”, published in the magazine Managing Intellectual Property.
- Since 2006 he has collaborated with the magazine “Il Diritto Industriale” as an author of articles on the subject of property industrial property.
- Since 2003 contributing author of the Italian online publication “dirittodautore.it” dealing with copyright law.
- 2005‐2006: member of the IP‐Working Group of Professor Stefano Sandri (formerly a member of the Community Trademark Boards of Appeal of the OHIM) which reviews judgements published in the Review Le Sezioni Specializzate italiane della Proprietà Industriale ed intellettuale.